Ocular Disease Treatment in Orlando
The Southwest Orlando Eye Care center provides a wide range of services for the treatment of ocular disease. From dry eyes to seasonal allergies, our Orlando optometrists have much experience and knowledge in being able to prescribe treatments that will work best according to your exact vision needs. We also work with some of the top surgeons and eye specialists in the area to make sure your eye health is as good as it can be.
Common Eye Diseases
Some of the more common eye diseases that we diagnose and treat include:
- Conjunctivitis (Pink eye): Inflammation of the conjunctiva, which can lead to pain and irritation as well as redness.
- Uveitis: Inflammatory diseases that can cause swelling and damage to the eye.
- Keratitis: Inflammation of the cornea, commonly caused by bacteria.
- Chalazion: A painless nodule inside the eyelid; can be on upper or lower eyelid.
- Hordeolum (Stye): Localized swelling of the eyelid.
- Blepharitis: Eyelid inflammation that can cause eyelash loss or tear production damage.
- Macular degeneration: Eye disease, that typically affects people over the age of 50, which can lead to vision loss.
- Glaucoma: Eye disorders that can lead to blindness.
- Cataract: When the clear lens in the eye becomes cloudy or foggy.
- Diabetic retinopathy: Diabetes that impacts a person's vision.
- Retinal detachment: When the retina becomes detached.
- Vitreous detachment: When vitreous gel shrinks and then, over time, detaches from the retina.
- Dry eyes: When tear production is damaged and the eyes are not properly lubricated.
The Importance of Ocular Disease Treatment in Orlando
No matter how old you are, you need to make sure you are taking care of your vision. If you are a parent and have young children, you need to make sure you are bringing them in for yearly eye exams to help protect their vision. Fortunately, most eye diseases don't become present until a person gets older; however, it is still pertinent to have yearly eye exams performed regardless of your age.
Contact Our Eye Doctors in Orlando for More Information
If you would like to learn more about ocular disease treatment from our optometrists in Orlando, please contact us. Make an appointment at the Southwest Orlando Eye Care center today by calling (407) 271-8931.